Study in Australia – The Ultimate Guide for Indian Students
This 5 Points will Transform Your Study in Australia Journey
Meet Anton Jeffry, a determined young man whose dreams of studying abroad were nearly dashed by obstacles at every turn. Anton Jeffry, the son of a hardworking carpenter, dared to dream beyond his father’s workshop. Uncertain and unaware of the opportunities awaiting him, Anton stumbled upon our consultancy, seeking guidance for a path to study abroad.
Little did he know, this encounter would transform his life.
Without a route map, we provided Anton with an excellent ally. We helped him choose universities that aligned with his goals by navigating the maze of possibilities together. Despite the challenges of applying to universities, getting accepted we supported him through every obstacle.
And then, a breakthrough – a letter of acceptance from the University of Western Australia.
The joy on Anton’s face mirrored the gratitude in his father’s eyes. This is the Journey of Anton Jeffry – Carpenter’s Son to Campus Hero
In this blog, everything about Australia and why it is the best place for your Study Abroad dreams will be discussed.
Preview of the Blog
Australia stands as a top-tier study destination, consistently ranking among the favourites for international students. In 2022, the country welcomed 5, 27,529 students from around the globe, with a noteworthy 1,00,009 being Indian students. Projections for 2023 and the subsequent years indicate a 5% upswing in Australia’s international student population.
The surge in interest can be attributed to the plethora of job opportunities available in sectors like Business, Healthcare, Engineering, and Medicine. Australia, not only renowned for its academic excellence but also for offering competitive remuneration, has become an increasingly attractive option for global students, including those from India.
1. Why Study in Australia?
- This is particularly relevant for Indian students eyeing a fulfilling career path in a foreign land.
- “57% of undergraduate Indian students and less than 53% of postgraduates had full-time employment after they graduated.
- In addition to the benefits of studying in Australia, international students who study in Australia are also eligible to work part-time while studying and for up to two years after graduating.
- During their study period, they are allowed to work up to 40 hours per fortnight, and can work full-time during scheduled course breaks.
- This gives students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and earn money to help cover their living expenses.
2. Interesting facts about Australia that will amaze you:
- The official name of the country is the Commonwealth of Australia.
- Australia is home to over 60 different species of kangaroos.
- The largest city in Australia is Sydney, followed by Melbourne and Brisbane.
- The Sydney Opera House, located in Sydney Harbour, is one of the most iconic buildings in the world.
- The world’s largest monolith, Mount Augustus, is located in Western Australia.
3. Australia Intakes in 2024
Unlike Indian universities, Australian colleges and universities offer two major intakes per year,
Semester 1: Starts late February/early March to late May/early June
Semester 2: Starts late July/early August through to November
4. Cost of Studying in Australia
The cost of studying in Australia for Indian students, here is a breakdown based on the type of courses AND study in Australia fees
Undergraduate Bachelor Degree: Cost Range: INR 11.07 Lakhs to 24.90 Lakhs
Postgraduate Master’s Degree: Cost Range: INR 12.18 Lakhs to 27.68 Lakhs
It’s important to note that these figures are approximate and can vary based on factors such as the university, location, and specific course of study. Additionally, living expenses can contribute to the overall cost, ranging from AUD 300 a week to AUD 50,000 annually.
THE rankings have recognized Australian universities for excellence in popular study areas such as Engineering & Technology, Arts & Humanities, Physical & Life Sciences, Clinical, Pre-Clinical & Health, and Social Sciences. This extensive range of educational opportunities contributes significantly to Australia’s standing as a sought-after destination for higher education.
5. Top Cities in Australia for International Students
Australia has several cities that are popular among international students, including those from India. Here are some of the top cities preferred by Students in Australia
- Melbourne is often considered the best city for students in Australia.
- It is known for its vibrant culture, diverse population, and excellent education institutions.
- QS – Best Study City Rankings 2023 place Melbourne at the top.
- Sydney is equally popular, offering a dynamic lifestyle and a range of top universities.
- It is a global city with iconic landmarks and a strong multicultural atmosphere.
- Sydney has a rank of 8 in the QS Best Student Cities
- Brisbane’s combination of a comfortable lifestyle, reasonable cost of living, ease of navigation, and the warm hospitality of its residents makes it an attractive place to live.
- Brisbane is known for its friendly and laid-back atmosphere.
- It’s a rapidly growing city with a thriving cultural scene and quality education institutions.
- Adelaide is known for its affordability and high quality of life.
- It has a strong focus on education and is home to several reputable universities.
- Adelaide stands out as one of the most budget-friendly mainland Australian cities, offering a cost of living that is up to 12% lower than in Sydney or Melbourne.
- Perth is the capital of Western Australia and offers a relaxed lifestyle with beautiful natural surroundings.
- It has a growing economy and good educational institutions.
- Safety is a top priority in Perth with its low crime rate.
- While Canberra is the capital city, it is often not as prominent as Melbourne or Sydney in terms of international student preferences.
- It has highest level of Employment
- Find plenty of breath-taking scenery to enjoy while visiting the amazing hiking trails and national parks, all within a short distance of the city
As Australia continues to attract a growing number of international students, particularly from India, the allure of this vibrant destination as a centre for learning and opportunity remains undeniable.
We, at U2CAN Study Abroad Consultant, are dedicated to guiding students towards Study in Australia, offering free profile evaluations to assist them in their journey. We’ve got you covered.
For further details or clarification on the aforementioned topics: Feel Free to Reach Out
Our team comprises dedicated, experienced professionals who offer the latest information and comprehensive support throughout your application process for studying in Australia—all at no cost. Want to know more?
Connect with Your Study Abroad Specialist today!