CUET EXAM DETAILS – CUT OFF, PARTICIPATING UNIVERSITIES, EXAM PATTERN, EXAM SYLLABUS
CUET Exam Date
The CUET exam 2023 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency. It will provide a single window of opportunity for the candidates for admission to different UG courses in any of the participating universities across the country. Here is the detail about the CUET Exam.
The Central University Entrance Test also known as CUET which is conducted by the National Test Agency (NTA) organized every session year for the students wanting to get their undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. The CUET provides a good opportunity for the students as they allotted the best scored candidates into a good university/college. More than 5 Millions students have appeared in the CUET PG UG Examination 2024.
The highlight of CUET 2024
|Name of the exam
|Common University Entrance Test (CUET)
|Exam conducting authority
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|250 (47 central universities, likes of DU, BHU, JNU, etc)
|Computer-based test (CBT)
|Type of questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|Duration of exam
|Slot 1, Slot 2, & Slot 3
The slot timings and durations will be announced later
|13 different languages
|500+ centers including 24 outside of India
The NTA announces the CUET 2023 application form, exam dates, and admit card release dates on the official website of CUET. All aspiring students are advised to go through the dates carefully and mark them in their calendars. Check the tentative schedule of the Common University Entrance Test now and ensure that you do not miss any important updates.
CUET EXAM Eligibility Criteria
The first thing that you must check even before filling out the application form is the CUET 2024 eligibility criteria. It is a set of parameters including educational qualification, age limit, and nationality that you must qualify to be eligible for taking the test. Apart from common CUET 2024 eligibility criteria, individual universities are also expected to announce their own criteria. All aspiring students are advised to check the respective university website to check their eligibility criteria before filling out the CUET application form.
As per the latest notification, for appearing in the CUET exam 2024, there will be no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed the class 12th/equivalent examination with 50% (A 5% relaxation will be provided to category students) or more marks or are appearing in 2024 irrespective of their age can appear in NTA CUET 2023 (UG). For detailed information about the eligibility criteria, reservation policy, and others, visit the page CUET 2023 Eligibility criteria.
CUET EXAM 2024 Exam Pattern
|Common University Entrance Test (CUET)
|Slot 1, 2 & 3 (Duration to be announced soon)
|Mode of Exam
|Number of Sections
|Section IA & IB:
Languages (40 Questions to be marked out of 50 Questions)
Domain-Specific (40 Questions to be marked out of 50 Questions)
General Test (50 Questions to be marked out of 60 Questions)
|The exam will be conducted in 13 languages
Candidates are to take special note, that for the subjects – Accountancy, Economics, Physics, Computer Science/Informatics practices, Chemistry, Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, and General Test the time provided will be 60 minutes. For all the other subjects the time duration will be 45 minutes.
The NTA has also confirmed the marking scheme for the CUET exam 2024. As per the official notification, 5 marks will be awarded for every correct attempt, and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect attempt. However, there will be no penalty for un-attempted questions.
CUET 2023 Syllabus
More than 3 lakh UG seats are offered for various courses across 250 participating universities, including 47 central and several other (state, private, and deemed) Universities in India. NTA CUET 2024 is going to be one of the most competitive entrance exams at the UG level. Apart from this, while preparing for CUET you will also need to take care of your board preparations as well. Therefore it is crucial that you go through the detailed CUET as well as the board syllabus so that you can take adequate preparation for both.
The CUET syllabus for the domain-specific subjects will be the same as the NCERT syllabus for Class XII (Whole), but none of the boards cover the whole NCERT class 12th syllabus in 12th. Candidates have to put in some extra effort to cover the difference. The NCERT books will be the best source of preparation for the domain-specific paper.
CUET Participating Universities
Break-down of all the participating universities of CUET 2023:
• 47 – Central University
• 34 – State Universities
• 27 – Deemed Universities
• 95 – Private Universities
Central Universities under CUET
• Aligarh Muslim University
• Assam University
• Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University
• Banaras Hindu University
• Central Sanskrit University, Delhi
• Central Tribal University of Andhra Pradesh
• Central University of Andhra Pradesh
• Central University of South Bihar
• Central University of Gujarat
• Central University of Haryana
• Central University of Himachal Pradesh
• Central University of Jammu
• Central University of Jharkhand
• Central University of Karnataka
• Central University of Kashmir
• Central University of Kerala
• Central University of Odisha
• Central University of Rajasthan
• Central University of Tamil Nadu
• Dr. Harisingh Gaur Vishwa Vidyalaya
• Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya
• Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
• Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
• Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management
• Indira Gandhi National Tribal University
• Jamia Millia Islamia
• Jawaharlal Nehru University
• Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya
• Mahatma Gandhi Central University
• Manipur University
• Maulana Azad National Urdu University
• Mizoram University
• Nagaland University
• National Sanskrit University
• North Eastern Hill University
• Pondicherry University
• Rajiv Gandhi University
• Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University
• Sikkim University
• Tezpur University
• The English and Foreign Languages University
• Tripura University
• University of Allahabad
• University of Delhi
• University of Hyderabad
• Visva Bharati University
State Universities under CUET
• Barkatullah University
• Binod Bihari Mahto Koyalanchal University
• Cluster University of Jammu
• Cluster University of Srinagar
• Cotton University
• Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University
• Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
• DR. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University
• DR. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics University
• DR. B.R. Ambedkar University Delhi
• Govt. College for Women, Parade Ground
• Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
• Harcourt Butler Technical University
• Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
• Islamia College of Science and Commerce
• Islamic University of Science and Technology
• Jamshedpur Women’s University
• Jharkhand Raksha Shakti University
• Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Language University
• Kolhan University
• Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology
• Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University
• Nilamber Pitamber University
• Sardar Patel University of Police Security and Criminal Justice
• Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
• University of Jammu
• University of Kashmir
• Vinoba Bhave University
• Vikram University
Deemed Universities under CUET
• Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women
• Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth
• Dayalbagh Educational Institute
• Datta Meghe Institute of Higher Education and Research
• Footwear Design and Development Institute
• Gandhi Institute of Technology And Management – (Off-Campus)
• Gandhi Institute of Technology And Management – (Off-Campus)
• Gandhi Institute of Technology And Management – (Main Campus)
• Govt. Degree College (Autonomous)
• Gujarat Vidyapith
• Gurukula Kangri
• Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science
• Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
• Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation (Deemed to be University)
• Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education
• Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth
• Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies
• Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
• Shobhit University
• Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
• The Gandhigram Rural Institute (DTBU)
• Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation
• Yenepoya University
Over 16 Lakh Students Registered for CUET UG 2023
This year a record number of 16.8 lakh applicants have applied for the Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET UG 2023), approximately 4 lacks more than the previous year. Out of a total of 13.995 lakh students who paid the application fee and completed the application form, According to M. Jagadesh Kumar, Chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC), last year, 12.50 lakh candidates registered for the CUET UG 2022.
CUET Admit Card 2023
The CUET 2023 Admit card has been released. The CUET Admit Card is the hall ticket to the examination room. Without the CUET Admit Card, a candidate will not be allowed to sit in the exam. So, ensure that you download, take a printout, and don’t forget to carry it with you to the examination center on the day of the exam.
A separate exam city slip and CUET admit card will be issued by the NTA. The exam city slip will be issued from May 14 onwards. From there, candidates can directly download it by entering their application number & date of birth (DOB) or application number and password.
Download the CUET 2023 Admit Card & Exam city slip by clicking on the tab below
Exam City Slip CUET Admit Card
The exam city intimation slip for May 21, 22, 23, & 24 of CUET (UG) 2023 has been announced. You can download it by clicking the button above. The admit cards for respective exam days will be released 3 days before the exam date.
How to download the CUET 2023 admit card?
Candidates can download the admit card by following these steps:
• Visit the official website of the CUET.
• Click on “Download Admit Card”
• A new admit card window will appear on the screen.
• Enter the required credentials in the given space.
• Click on the tab “Login”.
• Your CUET admit card will appear on the screen.
• Download and take a printout for future reference.
CUET 2023 Participating Universities
The National Education Policy (NEP), aims to bring radical changes to the education setup in the country, by paving the way for the Common University Entrance Test. The exam was introduced in the year 2022 and will not only release the pressure of high cut-offs but will also provide an equal and common opportunity for all aspirants to get a seat at the top universities in the country like DU, BHU, JNU, JMI, etc.
A total of 250 universities (including 47 Central universities) are participating in CUET 2023 and will be offering approximately 3 lakh undergraduate seats in various courses across its constituent colleges.
Check the full list here – CUET 2023 Participating Universities.
CUET Cut Off 2023 UG PG Qualifying Marks for General, OBC, SC/ ST
CUET Cut Off 2023
The students overall performance will decide the admission in the colleges. The passed candidates will be eligible for many courses such as BBA, BSc, BCom, etc. The CUET UG PG Cut Off 2023 is expected to be released on 15 July, 2023. The CUET Cut Off Marks will be released on the official website portal which is www.cuet.samarth.ac.in For more information about CUET PG UG Cut Off Marks stay tuned to this post.
CUET UG PG Cut Off 2023
Almost every applicant who has appeared for UG & PG exams is anxiously waiting for Cut Off Marks to be released. Both the CUET Cut Off will be released on the basis of highest marks scored by the candidates, categories of students, and total seats available.
To check the CUET PG UG Cut Off 2023 go to the official website www.cuet.samarth.ac.in. There is one more website made for backup which is www.cuet.nta.nic.in. Cut Off marks are minimum marks required to score in order to become eligible for the admission in college. Cut Off are made to qualify the candidates percentage for passing the CUET Cut Off. The Applicants who have appeared are eagerly waiting for the Cut Off to be realised so that they can check the Cut Off and evaluate their expecting score to qualify the exams.
Factors affecting CUET Cut Off 2023
There are many possible criteria which affects the Cut Off score every year. The Cut Off score are made by the authorities conducting the exams. The factors affecting the CUET Cut Off score are:
• Total number of applicants.
• Seats available.
• Category of the applicants belong to.
• Difficulty Level.
• Highest marks scored, etc.
CUET Counseling Process 2023
Candidates having their name mentioned in the Merit List will be eligible to participate in the counseling process conducted by the authorities. The Counseling process important for guiding about the upcoming courses that students will be pursuing. The Counseling process will be also be allotting colleges to the qualifying candidates on basis of their overall performance and measuring other criteria.
Steps to Check CUET Cut Off 2023
There are more than 40 lakhs students waiting for the CUET PG UG Cut Off Marks to be released. The Cut Off Marks will be notified by the NTA which is the conducting body for CUET. Students generally ask how they can check the CUET Cut Off Marks. You should follow the given below steps for checking the CUET Cut Off 2023:
• Go to the official website https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/
• On the homepage search “CUET Cut Off 2023” and click on it.
• After redirection of the page you will land into the login page.
• You have to enter required login details and click on submit button.
• The CUET Cut Off 2023 will appear on the screen. Evaluate your cut off scoring percentage. And download the PDF version file.